Monday, November 9, 2009

OPI: You’re a Doll

You’re a Doll was released as part of OPI’s 2008 “Christmas in Toyland” Collection, and is a pretty pinky-nude shimmer. The interesting aspect of this polish is the copper/rust coloured shimmer flecks throughout, which are very subtle from a distance, but make for a quite pretty effect close up.



Indirect sunlight

I know some people find these types of nude colours very boring, but I personally love them, and I think they are a nice alternative to the ol’ French mani (which I’ve never been able to properly execute on my own nails) if you’re after safe or work-appropriate nails. The creamy texture and copper flecks in this make me think of Zoya Harley, although they are completely different colours!

Application was good due to the aforementioned creamy texture – it was manageable and opaque in 2-3 coats (I confess that I can’t actually remember how many coats I did for this picture, but it was either 2 or 3). Wear was comparable to most others I’ve been wearing recently, and it didn’t give me any shrinkage (yay!).

So what do you think of this shade? Too boring? Or do you love these slightly unique nudes like I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment