Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Boudoir prize winner gets her shoot

She couldn’t believe she won.  She said she never wins anything.   Well this time she did win, and it was going to be a great prize.

She came to the studio this weekend to receive her boudoir photography session.  She was very nervous as she had never done anything like this before.  I told her that most of my boudoir clients were just as nervous as her, as they too had never done this before.

She had brought someone to help her with outfits and provide moral support.  I never find that this really helps some of the women who come for boudoir shoots.  Others prefer to keep it a secret and come alone.

My typical boudoir session starts with a standard set to shots.  This allow my client to get use to being in front of the camera, and allows me to see how they react and follow direction.   And did the same with my winner, and then towards then end of this brief set I discussed herdesires and ideas for what she was hoping to see. 

Once we had her desires down, we progressed into the main session.  As we moved through the various sets and outfits I would stop every so often to show her a sample of what I was seeing through the camera.   She was amazed.   She wanted to know how I could make her look so good.   I explained that with some proper lighting and posing I was bringing out her true beauty. 

The next day I sent her proofs out to her for her selection of final boudoir photographs.  Her first response, “I’m amazed at how well they turned out,”  followed by the all too common, “I am having a difficult time choosing.”  

Once she gets me her list, the will be hand retouched to create the final photographs.  She will then see another proof before the are printed.

 Sometimes people as why there are often no pictures in my blog from my boudoir shoots.  My client’s privacy is very important.  As a result, I only show photographs with prior permission of my clients.

Orcatek Boudoir and Glamour Photography – Phoenix, Arizona

[Via http://orcatek.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment